Take your lawn back!
Maintaining a healthy, beautiful lawn all year long is a hard task for any homeowner, especially with all the pests living in Florida. That is why we have very well-trained, licensed technicians and an exceptional program that will tend to your yard for the entire year. Our lawn program is designed with 6 timely applications to provide the proper balance of nutrients that your lawn needs. Having regularly scheduled lawn care will allow these nutrients to provide you with a strong, healthy growing lawn. Take your lawn back and enjoy your yard again!
How it works
- Pre-emergent to slow down weed germination
- Insecticide for damaging insects (chinch bugs, mole crickets, sod webworms, etc.)
- Disease control including brown patch fungus, dollar spot, large patch fungus and more
- Weed control for the wide variety of broad leaf weeds and sedge weeds
- Fertilization in both liquid and granule form to stimulate density
- Complimentary driveway and sidewalk clearing after service
Lawn Services We Offer
Cover Sentence – Protect your trees against insect damage and diseases with our innovative trunk injection services.
Unlike spray or soil applications, trunk injections apply product directly into the tree limiting harm to your family, the applicator, and the environment around you. Trunk injections are the most effective alternative to spray or soil applied pesticides for tree insects or pest control. The products are quickly taken up by the vascular system and distributed throughout the tree providing long lasting fertilization and protection from diseases and insects. Best of all, it’s more cost effective than removing and replacing large trees.
Standard Tree Injection Information:
- Identification of insects, disease, and deficiencies are vital. The type of tree and the pests associated with it are important to determine.
- Palm applications will feed for up to one year from a single application. Palms only require one injection site.
- Hardwoods and Pines will feed for a minimum of two years from a single application.
- Tree injecting protects against bark beetles, palm weevils, borers, thrips, whitefly, mealybugs, and more.
Cover sentence – Got a sick lawn that needs nursed back to health? Brock can help give you a healthy, beautiful lawn that will have all the neighbors talking!
Unfortunately, our lawns can sometimes contract a disease no matter how much proper lawn care you give it. A homeowner can generally notice when their lawn is “sick,” you may notice brown patches where your grass won’t grow any longer. Lawn diseases are triggered by fungi that only a trained, professional lawn expert can accurately diagnose and help nurse your lawn back to health.
Common Lawn Diseases in Florida:
- Brown patch fungus.
- Landscapes with St. Augustine or Zoysia grass are predominantly susceptible to brown patch fungus, which develops when high levels of heat combine with significant moisture. It can be noticed in the summer and fall, when heat, humidity, and rainfall are at their peak.
- The first symptom of Brown Patch Fungus is the yellowing or chlorosis of the foliage which causes the grass blades to dry and assume various shades of reddish-brown to straw brown.
- Dollar spot fungus.
- At first no larger than a silver dollar, dollar spot fungus spreads rapidly, killing the grass all the way to the root. Other signs of dollar spot fungus include grass blades with pale marks of infection and cobwebs on the grass with the morning dew. Once dollar spot fungus takes root, the only solution is to remove infected grass and plug the area with new sod.
- Gray leaf spot.
- When gray leaf spot takes hold, the grass blades develop brown spots that may have velvety patches. It’s caused by overwatering and, once spread, causes grass to become thin and patchy.
- Rust fungus.
- Does your lawn look like it’s been left out to rust? That orangey powder is a fungus that leaves your landscape vulnerable to other lawn diseases. Overwatering is a primary cause of rust fungus; it’s particularly vicious in shaded areas where water doesn’t evaporate as quickly.
- Fairy rings.
- This natural phenomenon might give itself away with a cluster of mushrooms in a perfect circle, but just as often they’re simply a round patch of vivid green grass. Fairy rings are said to be bad luck if you step inside, but they’re bad for your lawn regardless. Fairy ring fungus spreads along the roots, leaching nitrogen from grass. Aerate the lawn and water regularly to keep the roots healthy.
Cover Sentence – Fertilization provides the nutrition your lawn needs to be healthy and strong all year long.
You don’t have to envy your neighbor with the most beautiful lawn, you can be that neighbor with most beautiful lawn with the help of our Brock lawn experts! We work closely with our customers to develop personalized lawn fertilization plans that ensure your lawn receive the nutrition it needs to grow. We a combination of high-quality liquid fertilizer and controlled-release lawn fertilizers (depending on your lawns need) that are designed to stimulate turf growth.
Trees and Shrubs cover sentence – Protect your trees and shrubs from insect damage and make them more resistant to drought.
Cover sentence – Eliminate the risk of lawn pest infestations with our environmentally-friendly quarterly treatments.
Maintaining a lawn involves more than just mowing, killing weeds, watering, etc. There is a wide range of insects and other pests that want make your lawn their new home. If lawn pests are left untreated, they can do some serious damage to your lawn.
Transform your yard into a thick, healthy green lawn you will enjoy year-round!
Weed control is typically a large part of proper lawn care as weeds are considered unwanted plants. Proper identification and some understanding of how and why weeds are present in a lawn are important when selecting the best suppression strategy.
Having regularly scheduled lawn care can give you a thick, healthy lawn, giving less space for weeds to grow. Weed suppression should be a carefully planned and coordinated program and the Brock Lawn experts are ready to help!
Our Brock lawn experts treat the following types of weeds:
- Broadleaf Weeds—These are the most common types of weed and are easy to spot as their leaves have net-like veins and usually have showy flowers. Common examples included clover, dandelion and plantains.
- Sedge Weeds—These are the flower-looking weeds that are usually triangular and have spikes. Yellow nut, purple nut, and watergrass are the most common sedge weeds.
Looking to rejuvenate your lawn? Our aeration service transforms the thin, bare areas of your lawn into a thick layer of turf for a healthy, green lawn. A compacted lawn makes it hard for water to infiltrate the soil, resulting in run-off. Compacted soil also keeps the turf’s root system from growing, therefore the turf becomes stressed and thin.
Our core aerator pulls 1″ – 3″ plugs from the soil which will allow water and oxygen to penetrate the ground to help build a deep healthy root system.
We take pride in offering the most technological up to date solutions for your pest control needs. That’s why we offer Topchoice® for your fire ant issues. A single application offers up to one year of fire ant control.
Topchoice® provides control of fire ants for up to a full year in home and commercial lawns, golf courses, sports fields, school grounds and parks. A single application controls existing colonies while also preventing new infestations from forming, and it’s formulated specifically for broadcast application by professionally trained Pest Management Professionals.
How it works:
- One easy-to-apply granular application provides up to one year of control of fire ants, guaranteed*
- Lowest dose granular, professionally applied insecticide
- Provides limited control of fleas, mole crickets and ticks for up to 90 days when applied for fire ants.
If you are experiencing fire ants in your lawn, give us a call today!